Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Tabletop re-do

I've had this table for a while. It's a very common style, kinda plain, butcher block-ish top. It was free though, so I'm not complaining. About a year ago, I had painted the legs white. I left the top as is because I was unsure about what I wanted to do with it.
Last week I was inspired to give staining a try (my very first time)...and probably last.

This was the table before:
isn't the artwork beautiful? It's also all over my walls...

...
Here is the after:


It's not super perfect, but I'm happy with it, and HEY LOOK - It matches my beautiful 
dining cabinet I got a few weeks ago at the habitat re-store.


The chairs are still a bit awful, which is why they aren't pictured.
One step at a time.







5 comments:

  1. Love the dark stain and white combo. I did that in my office and it makes such a difference. I'm your newest follower from the linky party at Homemaker on a Dime. Stop by if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, great transformation and it does match with your cabinet!

    I'm your newest follower from Creative Bloggers' and Hop and would love it if you could follow me back :)

    Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the re-do it looks gorgeous love the combination of the white with the dark looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm speechless. Great job! Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete